September 23rd, 2011 by Rhoelyn
There is some big news waiting behind the scenes, here, percolating in the darkness. It’s nearly ready for public consumption, but not… quite… yet. So to help you bide the interminable hours until your curiosity will be assuaged, I present a list of possibilities. Which do you think will be the glorious truth?
Guess the supahsekrit news:
- In an unholy union the likes of which the world has never seen, Mr. Manface and Rhoelyn have brought into being the next Devourer, the Shatterer of the Ten Worlds. Even now, he grows and consumes... (30%, 8 Votes)
- There is no supahsekrit news. This was all a conspiracy perpetuated by the gnomes to distract you all from their attempt to hack Rades' blog and rewrite WoW Lore in their favor. (19%, 5 Votes)
- The subliminal messages hidden behind this poll have turned you into a fanatical, devoted minion of the Rhoelyn. ALL HAIL! THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE! (11%, 3 Votes)
- In the dead of the night, Mr. Manface was spirited away by pirates and pressed into service on their vessel. Now, Rhoelyn must put the blog on hold to resume her ninja training and go to his rescue. (7%, 2 Votes)
- After a run-in with actor Nathan Fillion, in which her resolve to become his personal stalker was cemented, Rhoelyn has disappeared. She is definitely NOT sneaking into his mansion on a daily basis. (7%, 2 Votes)
- During a recent arcane ritual in which Mr. Manface was sacrificed to the Beyond, Rhoelyn was chosen to nurture the Great One until he is ready to conquer the world. ALL HAIL! (7%, 2 Votes)
- Emerging from a month-long meditation, Rhoelyn's mind has expanded to encompass all of time. She sees all that has been, all that is, all that will be. And it is all filled with My Little Ponies. (4%, 1 Votes)
- Sensing as the inevitable conclusion of the TwitRP that her beloved Rhese is going to DIE, Rhoelyn has sunken into a depressed stupor. Mr. Manface will take over B2S, turning it into a Minecraft blog. (4%, 1 Votes)
- After a swig of particularly gone-off milk, Rhoelyn has mutated, developing psionic powers. She will no longer be blogging, but will instead beam her stories and opinions directly into your brain. (4%, 1 Votes)
- In an effort to perfect her perpetual motion machine, Rhoelyn was accidentally catapulted through a wormhole through space and time. The blog will be resumed as a paper publication from 1837 India. (4%, 1 Votes)
- After years of toil, Rhoelyn has slipped the chains of her slavery and escaped into the wild. The blog will be on hiatus while she lays low in an undisclosed location. (4%, 1 Votes)
- Finally Called to Serve, Rhoelyn has devoted her real life to Elune. B2S will be changing to preach the Mother's word and share her Light with the unwashed masses of Earth. Move aside, Jedi. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Intense practice of her Craft has allowed Rhoelyn to develop a spell embedded in this page's HTML. If you want to summon thunderstorms, press Alt-F4 now. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Having traveled back in time from the distant future, Rhoelyn has supplanted her present self and will be converting the blog into the ultimate resource for news that hasn't happened, yet. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Rhoelyn has taken her love of yoga to the ultimate level and is moving to a small yurt at the top of the Himalayas to become One with the universe. She'll blog from there, of course. (0%, 0 Votes)
- During a particularly intense battle with Gotham's criminal element, Batman's secret identity was finally revealed to be none other than Mr. Manface. The public deserves to know! (0%, 0 Votes)
- After a run-in with actor Nathan Fillion, in which he recognized the genius so many overlook, Rhoelyn has retired from blogging to become a co-writer and actress on the hit show "Castle". (0%, 0 Votes)
- While cleaning out the closet, Rhoelyn discovered that there was another world on the other side of the decade-old coats. She's decided to go live in Narnia as Queen. Screw the English brats. (0%, 0 Votes)
- While walking in the forest, one day, Rhoelyn's sweetness and purity attracted the last living unicorn. Now the blog is being retired so they can ride across the globe, sharing the message of hope. (0%, 0 Votes)
- In a fit of pique over the Firelands nerfs, Rhoelyn has deleted her toons, closed her account, and set fire to B2S's host server. Any second now, this page is going down. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 27
Posted in about-the-author, creative, humor, news, real-world having 28 comments »
August 18th, 2011 by Rhoelyn
Hellfire Peninsula burned, as usual. Great plumes of fire erupted across the land, bursting from the weakened crust of chasms and cave-ins and scorching the barren, rust-colored ground. It was appropriate, the whoosh and roar of these exhalations ringing through the dry air like the gasping, wheezing last breaths of the dying. The gasping, wheezing last breaths of Draenor.
As she had many times before, Sedrai perched atop the ruins of Honor Hold’s original Keep, her hand dangling limply over her knee. Her soulless gaze skimmed the crumbling horizon, raking coldly over the imposing façade of Hellfire Citadel. Its battlements of stone, wood and rusted metal crouched over a deep ravine, menace dripping from every line and angle. From this distance, the fel orcs that manned the fortress looked like angry, red ants, scurrying in and out of sight along its labyrinthine levels of portals and pathways.
Frantic and furious, she thought, idly watching as a pair of guards rushed across the catwalk to challenge an approaching adventurer. They were both dead in a matter of seconds, culled by the flash and flare of some unknown mage. Like the disturbed hive that surges forth in a futile attempt to attack the rain that is washing them away.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Azeroth, creative, death knight, fiction, roleplaying having no comments »
August 9th, 2011 by Rhoelyn
The inspiration for this post comes from Blog Azeroth, where Akabeko of red cow rise has offered up an interesting exercise for a Shared Topic.
How many people in your everyday life know all of the hats you wear? Have you ever thought about how many heads you’d actually have to grow to wear them all at once, to show all of your roles, allegiances, loves, duties and identities to anyone who looks at you?
One hat. One head. Most of us would make the mythical chimera look like a rank amateur at ugly-mug-juggling. Or perhaps we could find a more appealing variant. Maybe get our hands on whatever good juice Malfurion Stormrage has been sipping and just perma-grow a 50-point rack to hang them all on. (Possibly difficult, if you’re not a druid IRL, like me.)
The same applies to your WoW character, and I boldly assert that it doesn’t matter whether you are a Roleplayer or not. Your little digital avatar, whether you’ve imbued him or her with an individual personality or just echoes and elements of your own, has a unique identity and a set of affiliations that might surprise your friends and peers.
Horde for life? Glory to the Alliance? Maybe you prefer to hang with your little green neutral buddies in Booty Bay? Do you spend your free moments in Tol Barad, protecting your faction’s interests through bloody PvP? Do you chain PuGs until you’ve capped your JPs? Do you spend hour after hour digging in the dirt for herbs or archaeology trinkets? Are you an achievement junkie, running around with 15 achievement trackers open and a hotkey macro to /love all the right little critters?
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in BlogAzeroth, humor, real-world, tradeskills, wow play having 1 comment »
July 7th, 2011 by Rhoelyn
There’s a certain level of perfectionism (okay, a certain high level) that I put into all of my blog posts. Graphics, layout, editing – I run through the whole package with a rather fine-toothed comb before I let my mouse hover anywhere near “Publish”.
I am generally pleased with the result of this effort in every way save one: I can’t craft a post in less than an hour. It may not sound like anything resembling the end of the world, but it means that I also can’t post as often as I might wish.
It’s my wish to be a more predictable, more reliable blogger. I want to get back to the other half of the subject for which I built this blog: the living part of life as a WoW player. The balance between the two skies we live under – a balance that, funny enough, is healthy enough in my own life that it usually ensures I don’t get to write to you about it.
That’s my goal. And this is my experiment to see if I can reach it by letting myself be less-than-perfect. By just writing and sharing – no pretty pictures, no WMV and Photoshop wand-waving, no fancy formatting and tweaking.
Heck, no computer. I’m writing this on my phone. (Technicality, I know. This phone is more ‘computer’ than probably the first five desktops I owned.)
So, if you start seeing a little more that’s a little less from me, I hope it’ll turn out to be a lot better, overall.
Posted in about-the-author, blogtech, news, real-world having no comments »
June 22nd, 2011 by Rhoelyn
Apparently, Rhese’s idea of a wild night doesn’t often end well, and our heroine barely escaped with her mind… and without our hero. It’s time to call in the cavalry, and not a moment too soon!
Welcome to TwitRP chapter eight, in which a brief respite is all you can hope for…
(Missing the usual link-soup to catch you up on what has been? Check out the TwitRP static page in the top menu bar. Thanks!)
@Rhoelyn Nysse stumbled back as the tree that had hid her was gone. Blinking, she looked.. to see familiar brickwork and trees. Darnassus?
@Arcania A nearby deer pauses in its munching and looks up at her, moderately alarmed. She’s on the edge of the city, amidst family homes.
@Rhoelyn The effects of the orb lingered. Nysse vaguely realized she needed to find any Cenarion member. She started a fumbling run.
@Arcania She stumbles around the wooden buildings beside her and out on to the wider main thoroughfare. In her hand, the hearthstone pulses.
@Rhoelyn Nysse stops and stares at it. Shaking her head in attempt to clear her head, she looks about again. If the stone brought her here…
@Arcania As Nysse hesitates, a footfall from behind interrupts her thoughts. A soothing voice speaks in Darnassian, "Rhese! I though y–"
@Rhoelyn Nysse spins around and looks at the speaker. "He’s not here… He sent me-" She looks puzzled for a moment, "Rhese sent me away."
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in creative, druid, fiction, hunter, roleplaying, Tweeted, TwitRP having no comments »